As Augustine Birrell’s famous quote states, “Libraries are not made, they grow.” The Palm Harbor Library Endowment Foundation provides funding that enables Palm Harbor Library to grow innovative programs, resources, services and facilities.
Palm Harbor Library is a vital asset to our community. It serves the educational, recreational and informational needs of people of all ages and backgrounds. With its success, the demand for materials, resources, and programs has skyrocketed.
By working closely with the leadership of the Library, the Palm Harbor Library Endowment Foundation identifies and funds the items necessary for the Library’s continued growth. Examples of such items include:
- Building expansions & additions
- Programming for children, teens, adults and seniors
- Technology resources for library patrons
- Services for those with special needs, such as persons with disabilities
- Books and resources, including funding for special collections
The Foundations past accomplishments to improve the Palm Harbor Library have been well documented. These include:
- Contributed $100K to the 2008 Building Remodeling Project
• Expanded the parking lot on the east side
• Installed a new office for the Literacy Council
• Installed two new study rooms
• Installed a new road sign
• Contributed $21K to the Yoffredo Activity Center
• Contributed a new lending library machine to be installed at CSA Palm Harbor